Saturday, March 11, 2006

Puking and Winning and a LYS visit--all in one day!

I'm not exactly sure what got into my system this morning (no comments about morning sickness--I know it's not that!), but it all went down the toilet. Literally. Yuck. And now I'm not nauseous anymore, but my stomach still doesn't feel all that great--it feels like I've been doing sit-ups. And we were supposed to go to a Luau (sp???) this evening and I was really looking forward to getting some yummy tropical drinks, but I don't think that's going to happen. Especially since I basically haven't eaten all day (well, I did eat, but, well, you know...). One sip of a daquari and I'll be on the floor. Oh well.

However, I am pleased as punch (a very tropical one, while we're at it) to have won Norma's secret contest! Hooray! I feel as though I should put up a little genetics explanation here, but I don't want to scare people off.

And, I did manage to get out to my LYS today (see how my priorities are? too sick for a party but not for a LYS!). As I have said, I've been participating in sockapalooza (well, I signed up for it--so far not much participation). I picked a pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks and I had my yarn and I ordered a yarn guide since I was doing Fair Isle (which arrived yesterday, btw), and I was ready to go. And then, it dawned on me: if I was knitting Fair Isle, I was basically knitting double-layered socks, so I would need more yarn than usual. Doh! So today, I went to the LYS I bought the yarn at, hoping I could get yarn of the same dye-lot, or exchange it and buy two of the same dye lot (unfortunately, the Lorna's Laces yarn was all wound up, so I wouldn't be able to exchange that--I figured I'd have to buy two more skeins). I guess God wanted to make up for the whole hurling incident this morning because both of my yarns had more skeins in the same dye lot! Even the Lorna's Laces! Hooray! So, here I am, at home, with all of my materials--I should get to working on those socks!

So, between the LYS magic and coming home to find out I won a secret contest, I'm feeling pretty good (as long as I don't look at food).

No comments:

Post a Comment