I grew up in a small town (pop. 6000) in the middle of Iowa. I still think of myself as a displaced Iowan even though I haven't lived there since 1992. I attended Boston University (not to be confused with Boston College) majoring in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. While at BU, I met my husband and followed him to Chicago where he was working on his PhD in astrophysics. In time, I started my own PhD program in Molecular Genetics and Cell Biology. After 10 years (for real) I finished my PhD and moved to the San Francisco Bay Area where my husband has a job at NASA. I've put my career on hiatus to be a stay-at-home-mom to our first child, Cate, who was born Dec. 5, 2011.
- Books: A Wrinkle in Time, Pride and Prejudice, Harry Potter
- Authors: Madeleine L'Engle, Jane Austen, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (the Yarn Harlot), Charlaine Harris, Terry Pratchett
- Flower: Lily of the Valley
- Food: Chocolate
- Beverage: Tea
- Go-to potluck dish: Baked brie
- Knitting project: Socks (toe-up)
- Vacation destination: Italy
You can email me at eamontegna [at] yahoo [dot] com and find me on Ravelry under e-beth.