Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Tuesday is Knitalong day

For sockapalooza. I have the yarn and a pattern but I foolishly left my flash drive at home and can't upload the pix, yet. If I get inspired, I may go home in the middle of the day and get it and come back to upload pix. Otherwise, I'll edit this post tomorrow to add them. You may ask why I'm posting now if I'm thinking I'm going to edit it later. Well, I'm worried my sock sister may be getting concerned since I haven't said anything about sockapalooza except that I joined. So, here is an update.

The sock pattern I've chosen is from Sensational Knitted Socks. I'm knitting the green fair isle sock on the front cover, but I'm using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn in a pastel colorway and a purple washable wool as the base color. This will be my second attempt at fair isle and I'm a little nervous about it because I pulled the floats too tight on my first attempt and it didn't look very good. Ah well, you live, you learn, you loosen up.

To help out with my fair isle knitting, I'm buying one of these jobbies. I tried doing the two-fisted technique, knitting continental in one hand and English with the other hand, but I hated knitting English. Therefore, I'm going to try the strand separator, holding both strands in the left hand and see how that goes.

So, that's all the further I've gotten with the sock pal socks. Stay tuned for future developments.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:59 AM

    I am determined to perfect the two-fisted Fair Isle. I've played with it a bit for the Olympic hat (my first Fair Isle), but it just wasn't fast enough for such high-pressure knitting. I knit English normally, so it's the Continental that's giving me fits. I know how, but I am SO SLOW at it.

    ReplyDelete