Sunday, November 20, 2005

The air that I breathe

As part of my cleaning ritual, I try to clean off the window sills. I say "try" because Chicago dirt is one of the stubbornist substances known to the Universe and will not easily be removed. The situation is worse at this time of year because I've had the windows open all summer and therefore, the sills are really disgusting. And as I sit there, scrubbing away, I realize that:

1. this dirt is here because it blew in through the window
2. this dirt is therefore in the air
3. I breathe this air.

Ewwww! Basically, when I leave here, my lungs will probably look the same as if I never left Iowa, but have been smoking for the past 9 years.

I think I need to find a HEPA filter.

In knitting news, there is nothing to report. Shocking, I know. Yesterday, I worked on the Knit Unto Others hat while attempting to do things online (slow dial-up connection=lots of time to knit), but it doesn't look appreciably different, so I'm not going to bore you with a picture. I have realized, though, that I don't think I'm going to have enough yarn to make a pair of mittens from the same yarn. I might buy a coordinating yarn and make the mittens out of both yarns and then crochet an edging on the hat made out of the second yarn and make a tassel from the second yarn. Hmmmmm..... Or, I could simply send the hat and make another hat from some other yarn in my stash. Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment