Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Make and Mend




Mending is not my favorite thing to do.  In fact, I have a large pile of clothes sitting in a laundry basket, waiting to be "fixed."  Some need a little refashioning (I'm thinking about taking in some sweaters on the sides to make them more fitted), some need something simple (I have a skirt that needs a button re-attached), some need something creative (clothes with stains that can't be removed and need something to cover the stains), and some I'm not sure they're worth mending, but since reading Overdressed, I feel like I should give it a go (tights, tights, and more tights, all with a holes in their toes).

Mending feels too much like housework and housework is my favorite thing to procrastinate on.  Even something that will only take five minutes (buttons!) gets shoved to the back burner.

How do you feel about mending?

No comments:

Post a Comment