Thursday, February 16, 2012

2011 Christmas Present for Mom





I tried very hard to get my mom's socks done in time for Christmas but I didn't quite make it.  So, I wrapped up the finished sock plus the half-finished sock with the needles still in it and promised to finish the second sock before Christmas 2012.  Feb. 2012 is pretty good, I think, and since she lives in Iowa, she'll still get plenty of wear out of these this winter.


Pattern:  Serpentine Socks from Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy Johnson

Yarn:  Plymouth Worsted Merino Superwash Kettle Dyed, color 1007


Notes:  The pattern called for sport weight yarn but I found that it knit up quite well in this worsted weight yarn.  Normally, I use fingering weight yarn for socks but I knew I would not have enough time to finish a pair of socks at that gauge.  They certainly knit up quickly!







No comments:

Post a Comment