Friday, April 27, 2007

Delusional

I'm not really sure what made me think I could get my shawl done last night, but needless to say, it did not get done. Not even close. I wasn't happy with the way it looked when I turned the second corner. There were some funny stitches along the edge where I was attaching the border. I think I need to be a little more careful about how I slip my stitches on the center panel the next time around. Anyway, I redid the corner about 5 times (okay, more like three). Even taking that into account, I still wouldn't be done by now, but I'm even further behind that I thought I would be. I resisted the urge to stay home from lab today in order to finish it (finish the shawl or work toward graduation, hmmm, let me think about that for a moment; oh and I want to print out my boarding pass which I can't do until 2:05 and I don't have a printer at home), but I am going home early. Also, because I have no clean underwear and I really think I should have some before leaving. I mean, you have to have clean underwear in order to travel!

So, it looks like I may be blocking this thing in the hotel. I have already put my roommate on notice about this (she did not seem concerned or disturbed but then, she knits too). I'd still like to avoid that if I can because I'd like to carry on all of my luggage and I'm afraid the security people will not be in favor of me bringing 80 sharp pins on the plane with me (although, what could I do with them, really--block the living daylights out of the cheap blankets they give us? I mean as long as the pins aren't accompanied by little pilot voodoo doll, there really is nothing to fear).

2 comments:

  1. Heh, heh, heh! "lock the living daylights out of the cheap blankets they give us" Hee, hee, giggle, snort.

    You're too funny! Well, happy travels and may the shawl turn out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had to jump in to agree that Yiddish is such a fun and satisfying language. I wish I could knee-jerk say many of the words the way my husband does, but I really only know a few, and my pronunciation isn't the greatest, either.

    ReplyDelete