|Bathroom photos are the worst|
What you can't really see is that it's still too baggy at the side seams in between the waist and hips.
|Please ignore the potty chair in the background|
Here, I've taken in the sides of the skirt going from the waist to the hip and let it out a bit at my upper thighs. That has helped with the prominent abdomen but it's still not quite right.
Next step is to try the pot-belly alteration for pencil skirts by Maria Denmark found on the By Hand London blog here. Right after I took this picture, I drew a line just under my post-baby belly that curved up to the hipline, like on the tutorial. Then, I cut along that line, let the fabric fall in front and pinned Swedish tracing paper to the skirt across the gap so that I could preserve the size of the gap when I took the skirt off.
Now, I need to transfer that slash and spread to the paper pattern, along with the seamline adjustments and cut a new muslin for the skirt. Onward to skirt muslin #3!
**Or as I like to call it, post-baby belly.