Thursday, May 23, 2013

First Renfrew

Refrew the First




I finally jumped on the bandwagon and sewed up the Renfrew pattern from Sewaholic!  Technically, I suppose, this is my second Renfrew because I did make a muslin out of mismatched cotton interlock remnants that I bought at Joanns.  It was a bit too tight in the chest, so I didn't finish it and instead cut a new one out of this teal cotton/poly interlock (also from Joanns).  I'm quite happy with the fit and plan on making several more which I'm sure will get heavy wear this summer.  I'm also thinking about lengthening the pattern by quite a bit in order to make it into a comfy summer dress.

Details

Pattern:  Sewaholic's Renfrew purchased from the company site
Fabric:  Cotton/poly interlock from Joanns.
Size/Fitting:  I blended a couple of sizes.  The neckline, armscye, and bust area are size 12, blending to a size 16 from the waist to the hips.  The sleeve head is size 12, but the bottom of the sleeve and the cuff are size 16 (I always seem to have problems with t-shirts being too tight in the sleeves).
Pattern Changes:  I didn't like the wide band at the hemline so I cut one half as wide
Make again?:  Absolutely!

A few days ago, I ordered some cotton/lycra jersey fabric from the Fabric Fairy (this and this) for my second and third versions.  I just got a message from the management office that I have a package there so I can hopefully get started on my next two t-shirts sometime this weekend.

Side note:  I hate taking pictures of myself wearing my handmade garments.  It's so hard to get one in which I do not look like a complete dork.  I must have taken 10-15 photos just to get one where you can see the shirt and I have a fairly normal expression on my face.  Thank God for digital cameras.  At least I'm not wasting film.

1 comment:

  1. Well, hello! This Renfrew looks fantastic! The color and fit are just perfect, and it looks like you did a great job on the bindings. Just another example of why I really need to get this pattern!

    ReplyDelete