Friday, December 14, 2012

Just Because

In my last post, I talked about starting to spend some of my free time making things just for the fun of it (as opposed to making things as gifts or because they are needed).  I sort of vaguely remembered writing a post way back when about sewing patterns I wanted to tackle post-pregnancy (I was a little delusional on how much free time I'd have, I suppose) and I looked over that list of items and wasn't sure they were still on my To Sew list.  So, here are the top 3 choices on my To Sew list.
  • Renfrew:  A t-shirt pattern from Sewaholic.  I would like to try sewing with knits and I love 3/4 length sleeves, which is one of the options with this pattern.  I actually started making a muslin in Oct. and got sidetracked with life.  I may even have most of the pieces cut out.  I don't think it's going to be a wearable muslin because I used two remnants of interlock fabric from the remnants bin at Joann's and they don't match.  :)  I need to think about getting some fabric for the "real" version I'll make after the muslin.
  • Ginger:  An A-line skirt from Colette.  I really love me an A-line skirt.  They are so easy to wear and flattering.  And the weather here is such that I could wear the skirt with tights or some tall boots or both.
  • Tiramisu:  This is the first pattern by a new company called Cake and I really love the version I recently saw on Lladybird.  The designer is having a 30 min. a day sew-along for the pattern in Jan.  30 minutes a day sounds just about doable, I think.  
And, I think that's it for now!  There are so many other things I would love to sew, but these are the ones I'm going to work on first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment